In addition to federal fair housing laws, Alaska prohibits discrimination on the basis off...
- Marital status or changes in marital status (AS 18.80.200)
- A landlord not make an inquiry regarding a tenant’s status in these areas(AS.20.240)
Additionally, Alaska’s civil rights include the opportunity to obtain employment, credit and financing, public accomodations, housing accomodations, and other property without discrimination because of...
- Physical or mental disability
- Marital status or changes in marital status
- When it is failure to pay rent, the tenant has 7 days to pay you otherwise the eviction notice can be filed with the courts.
- When there is another lease violation (e.g. subletting), the tenant has 7 days to resolve the violation from the point that the eviction notice is served. Otherwise the eviction notice will be filed with the courts.
Early Termination of Lease
When there is not a lease violation, but the landlord or tenant wants to break the lease, the following regulations apply:
Early termination by landlord
If the landlord wishes to terminate the lease early, they have to give a 30 day notice.
Early termination by tenant
If the tenant wishes to terminate the lease early, they have to give a 30 day notice.
For more information on Alaska Landlord Tenant laws (Alaska Statutes Secs. 09.45.090, 09.45.120, 34.03.220, 34.03.290) please visit their website here.